Sunday 8 July 2012

Fritz the owl

Meet Fritz
 Fritz is the first from my busy week writing patterns and making samples. I'm gonna have a bash at getting some patterns into crochet magazines :)
With owls being really popular at the mo I thought I'd try making a bigger one. This guy was inspired by one of the laser wooden buttons we have at work. They are from a company called button it  and they make such wonderful fun designs they'd all make cool toys.
 He quite a bit bigger than other amigurumis I've made but it makes him just the right size for a cuddle.
I really like using multicoloured yarn when making owls as it means everyone you make is different and has its own personality. This one can be made with any DK weight yarn and it doesn't take a lot so he'll be great to use up yarn  left over from other projects.

The pattern will be coming soon to my etsy shop so watch this space.

I'm linking in with handmade monday go have a look at all the other lovely craft blogs

16 comments:

  1. Love him - would love to give him a cuddle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is sooooo cute. (Note to self - must learn to crochet.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's gorgeous! Lovely colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with getting your patterns into magazines. You have some really lovely designs so hopefully they'll snap them up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Fritz - he looks very cuddly. Good luck with the pattern - hope you sells loads. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your owl and hopefully you'll have success getting your patterns into magazines. Best of luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fristz looks really cute. I like the flowery eye. Hope the pattern making goes well. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute! i love the colours and the way you've done the eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The owl is really cute ! Good luck with the magazine bit...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love him! He's really colourful and his flowery eye is wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love him,he's so cute!I want to keep him on my pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love owls, as you say, they are very popular. I love the wool you have used, it makes him really colourful and cuddly.
    Good luck with the patterns.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. He's lovely and i love the colours. The flower eye works really well too. Good luck with the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute is he! Good luck with getting in the crochet magazines, that would be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete