Monday 21 May 2012

Crafting with kittens

Its been a busy week here at amigurumi barmy land. The kittens are getting huge and they are everywhere. I can't go anywhere or do anything without a kitten being there attempting to climb my leg, eat my knitting needles or crochet hooks, going mental with balls of wool and generally being too cute.


These three little ones all now have wonderful forever homes they are nearly fully weaned and will be ready to leave mum soon. I still have Sansa left to find a home for but as I've thought she would be she's been a bit tricky, she won't eat kitten food and is clinging to mum, so I'm putting off finding her a home till she's a bit further along. 

Cal doesn't seem to mind Sansa being a bit clingy still, if fact I think she quite likes it :)

On the crafting side I've been having a bit of a play with fimo. Its been ages since I've used fimo and so its been great fun havind a play with it again.
  my mum loves the advert for EDF energy with the little wobbling blob 
 
She really wanted a blob of her own, so out came the fimo and here he is.

Since making mum one I've had loads of people asking me to make one for them so I've put a few in my etsy shop. I don't know what the copyright deal is on these so any profit I make I'm gonna donate to Kidney patients association .

While I had the fimo out I couldn't help but play and can up with these lovely little Bunny's. 

I really like the idea of making a fimo prototype for amigurumi i'm gonna make and  I think these bunny would work great as amigurumis, time to get the crochet hooks and have a go if I can wrestle the wool off the kittens that is :)

I'm linking in with handmade Monday again. have a look over here at all the other great craft blogs.




8 comments:

  1. Oh my word, this is a post of seriously cute overload. I was just getting over how cute your kittens are when you bring me seriously cute keyrings too. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The EDF blob is very cute! And the keyring you have made is fabulous. Love the bunnies too. Must get my FIMO back out and have a play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh you have bought my childhood back... your keyrings remind of the Esso men from the 1960s, they are just delightful... I am now going to sit and wallow and wonder whatever happened to Topo Gigio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaahhh, they are so gorgeous - I love cats, especially tabby cats. Lovely bunny key-rings too. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fimo characters are really cute - as are the kittens!

    Hope you have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bunnies too - you are very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your kittens are so cute and I love your fimo

    ReplyDelete