Saturday 26 January 2013

crochet vases

I've woken up this morning to a deep fresh layer of snow and bright blue sky. Its a perfect day to stay in snuggled up and crochet.

2013 is gonna be a huge year for crochet and I've been looking at new styles and stitches to use crochet in different and fun ways.

Oh course with moving house on my mind I've been looking at ways to use crochet in the home. I have cushions, and wall art planned but the first things for my new home are these vases.

 These were a bit of a happy accident as I actually wanted to make another desk pot like this one
I had a lovely collection of Rico creative cotton yarn and wanted to make a stripy pot. Problem was I was enjoying the stripe pattern so much it got tall very quickly. I couldn't bear to undo it so I had to think of a new use for my tube of crochet. I had a nearly empty bottle of squash that fit inside perfectly and so I though I'd cut the top off and see if I could turn it into a vase. After I'd made one I really wanted to try and make a square one and it worked. I'm really happy with them. They are very simple but take time to make and they are gonna look stunning in my new home. Pattern will also be available soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment