Monday 3 December 2012

Triming the tree

Over the course of the last month or so I've been making lots of Christmas decorations and bunting to sell at the craft fair and that festive feeling has been building. So much so that I couldn't wait any longer to get a tree and get my decs out.

Every year I get a real tree and treat myself to soon new decs. This year I've been crafting my decs out of felt and crochet.

This little polar bear is one of my favourite decs I've made this year. Its not easy to see in this photo but she has lots of beads and sequins on her back. It was a idea to make these to sell but took way to long to make to be cost effective so this little lonely lady is all mine and quite happy on my eclectic tree.
 

 I was planning on being really tasteful with my tree this year. I was gonna go all Scandinavian and have it all white and red. These little birds were the first thing I made to go with the theme and I made loads to sell as well. There are still a couple left in my etsy shop

This like most things it didn't go to plan. When I got the box of Christmas decs down and found all the lovely things me and my partner Andy had bought together before he died.











I didn't have a tree last year as it was a bit too soon and I just wanted to forget about Christmas but this year it was lovely to remember all the happy times we had together, choosing decs, treading hundreds of tiny baubles with ribbon and admiring our fabulous bad taste.

 We went for a quality street theme and our tree was a riot of colour.

 I couldn't help myself and so out when my idea to be tasteful and I loaded up the tree with everything.

I even managed to fit the big baubles we bought at a craft fair at castle Howard.
 So here it is my lovely tree. Filled with handmade and much loved Christmas decs. Ribbons and beads crochet starts and candy canes. It may not be classy but its my tree and it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling and makes me hum Christmas carols so that can't be a bad thing.



 Now if I can only keep the cats off it till Christmas :)

I'm linking in with handmade monday



2 comments:

  1. It's lovely to see your tree full of happy memories. I think that's really what a tree should be about, not a designer tree. I hope you have a lovely Christmas this year and can remember the happy times you and Andy shared.
    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ali. Memories are what make a Christmas Tree in the home special and different from the ones in the shops. They may be perfect and co-ordinated but don't mean anything.

    ReplyDelete