Thursday 27 December 2012

Merry christmas

Well Christmas is over for another year. I hope you all had a good one.

I got a few early Christmas presents

 This months issue of Craftseller arrived with my owl pattern inside and you even get a sneaky peek on the front cover.
 This isn't my first magazine commission but it is the first to make it into print. I was asked for a doorstop and only had a few weeks to come up with the design and pattern.

I wanted it to be simple and suitable for all crochet skill levels but I also wanted it to pretty so everyone would want to make or buy one. With owls being so on tread I adapted my small owl pattern into this lovely chunky doorstop.

 I'm really please with how well he's been photographed for the mag he looks great and my style of combining amigurumi, crochet and embroidery comes across nicely.

That wasn't it for magazine surprises this Christmas as my complimentary copy of inside crochet magazine landed too.
 Not only was it full of wonderful crochet ideas and patterns but there is also a little piece about me and amigurumi barmy :)

I really love that photo of Sid the green omnipom I'm glad they used it.

So with Christmas out of the way its time to start thinking of the new year. I've got lots planned starting with two new pattern sets, woodland cuties and flippers and fins. I'll be adding more felt work and embroidery to my new patterns. I like this style and I think it makes my designs just a bit different to all the other amigurumi patterns out there.

Just to tempt you here is the first pattern for 2013 Walter the whale.

Hope you all have a good new years, see you in 2013 xxxxxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. hi!

    I love your job, is so perfect :)

    Please, take a look on my page

    http://dedoscomimaginacao.blogspot.pt/ :)

    ReplyDelete