Friday 3 November 2017

October news

 The latest issue of Love crochet magazine is out now. I have found my copy in Tesco. I do usually get a copy from the publishers but if I haven't got that yet and I see it, I have to get.

Its a really lovely issue this month. Full of great makes for Christmas.
I have two projects featured and they are both big ones.

 Following on from the success they had with my Autumn wreath, I was asked to create a Christmas one. I decided with this one to go for a bit more modern look. So I only covered half the wreath this time. I've used pom-poms to cover the bottom half (how much fun are pom-pom makers, someone was very clever thinking those up). It looks all snowy and white but I did use some glittery yarn so its a bit sparkly too.
The snowmen are very simple to re-create if you have tried any crochet in the round before.
The result is a lovely wreath that looks like it takes forever to make but really can be done in a couple of days.


 The next project is a Christmas stocking. I'm so happy with how this worked out. I designed a small stocking a few years ago but never thought of scaling it up. I used a chunky yarn so it actually doesn't take as long as you might think to whip these up.
The reindeer head is slightly stuffed so its not just flat on the stuffing but looks really fun.
I added a big white cuff so that names could be easily added on with felt letters or embroidery.

I can really recommend these as fun and surprisingly quick projects to get you feeling festive. I imagine they would be big hits a festive craft fairs aswell.
Let me know what you are crafting for Christmas in the comments below.

Another fun project for Christmas crafting is my Nativity set. Its now two years since I created this set and the copyright for the pattern has come back to me from the publishers. This means that you can now buy a copy of the pattern from my pattern shop and help support me continue to do the work I love.
I have had such lovely comments from you guys about how much you love this pattern. I do read every comment, every review and every message that I'm send from over all my social media and try and respond to all. It gives me a lovely warm heart to get them, and when you tell me how much you are enjoying following my patterns and creating things you never thought possible. Lots of crochet love to you all xxx

 Side bar. I'm having a little difficulty typing at the moment. Cassi seems to think my hand is her cushion and that writing a blog post should not be my main concern at the moment. If I do move my hand she looks up and me and squeaks. I'm trying just to use my fingers and my left hand so I don't disturb her. Honestly who'd have cats :)

 While we are still on Christmas projects. I have some of my lovely crochet baubles still available in my Etsy shop  (clink link). These are so pretty and colourful. I have made everyone of them and they are all unique. I don't think they'll last long once people start thinking properly about Christmas. I'm giving those who read my blog the heads up, to get in there first if you want some.
I will try and get some more made over the next few weeks as I really love making them. However, I've signed up for a chunk of crochet work for some books (I can say no more but its making my very smiley), I'm gonna be busy, so it may not be possible.

Right lets forget about Christmas for a while and talk about the most exciting event at the moment. Guys... Thor Ragnarok is finally out :)
I have been so excited about this film since I saw the trailer nearly a year ago. I love the marvel films and I knew this was gonna be a good one.


So I took myself here on opening day. It was a very wet afternoon but it seemed perfect for a trip to the cinema. I had a great time. The film is amazing and you don't have to be a massive geek like me to enjoy it. It fab, its fun, its beautiful.. I love it.

 Of course I was going to make a set of my character dolls for the movie.
I've talked before about how much I love this doll design. It is so great to customize to make into the different characters. I planned to make a set of the main four characters but after seeing the film and loving it so much I had to make a full set of eight.

The full set is available from my etsy pattern shop (click link) and for a limited time it also comes with the Doctor Strange pattern. If you've seen the film or the trailer you'll understand why :)


This set was a joy to create. Although I did have moments of stupidity. Heimdall the character in the photo below has gold eyes. I don't want to admit how long it took me to work out how to make this work. I Finally came up with an idea, I knew I has some white paint and I though I could get them white, then colour them in with my artist markers.
 It was only when I looked in my box of paints and I...have...gold....paint :/ I felt very silly.

 Korg is one of the charterers that steals evry scene he's in, in the film. It was mainly wanting to create a doll of him that pushed me into making a full set of eight. He's a stone warrior so I wanted the texture of his head to look different. My mind drifted off on an idea how to do this while I was watching the film and I missed a critical moment of the plot. It was worth it though, this guy looks just great. I'll be going to see the film again soon so I'll see anything I missed.

 I am going to be working on more of these sets. I have the second avengers set, Justice league and Batman coming up. The best place to keep up to date if you are interested is on my Instagram - I'm lizwardcrochet  (click link) you can follow me on there if you click the link. Its where I post the most often now, so you can keep up to date and join in the fun.

I also share more of my geeky side on Instagram, including my steadily growing collection of geekery, collectable figurines and Funko pops.
I have a long shelf and many fandoms I follow. Collecting these is great fun.

Finally I have had a little change of craft. I've been asked to design a knitting pattern. Not something I do very often but I practically bit their hand off when I found out it would be creating something with this wonderful super-super chunky yarn.
The balls of yarn are huge. Cassi thought all her Christmas's had come at once.
 

 The massive knitting needle needed provide you with a full body exercise as you knit. I honestly felt like a borrower as I was knitting with this yarn. I'm a tall lass so I do enjoy feeling small every now and then, this was some much fun.
 Those who know how much I love to play with scale in my crochet work will already know how much this'll appeal to me .Its really very additive once you get started. The finished look of the knit is stunning and its so soft and warm and everything good.
I've order some more of the yarn to have more of a play with.
So that was October.
Thanks again to everyone who reads this blog and supports my little crafty business.
Its only cause of you buying my patterns, commenting and sharing my photos that I can keep doing what I love everyday.

Happy crocheting. Love Liz xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment