Friday 24 February 2017

Amigurumi Clinic

Finally I'm able to sit down and write a blog post this week.

I would like to say I've been busy working on fun projects but I've been having to help out at Duttons. We had a lass of sick so I've been there most days this week and I've had no time to do any crochet work.

The main reason for this post is because I keep forgetting to write on this blog about a really exciting event i have coming up next week.

On Thursday 2nd of March I will be hosting an Amigurumi clinic it The York Makery in York, UK (link take you to the events page)

Its starts at 2.30pm till 5.30pm and its completely free.

What is it? A New Event! Come along to a drop in session at The York Makery, where crochet designer Liz Ward will be offering demonstrations, tips, tricks and advice on all things crochet and amigurumi. Not sure how to attach limbs? Having trouble getting faces right? Just need a quick demo of a specific stitch? Or not sure which yarn to use for a specific pattern? Then come along and see us! Liz will also be offering advice on her own range of patterns, and might even bring some samples for you to squish.

This first event is totally free of charge, and you can come for five minutes, or for the whole time - hope to see some of you there, with your crocheted loveliness!



       ***********************************************************************

So please come along if you are in the area, its gonna be fun.

This weekend I'll be working on some projects that I'll be taking to show how to do various demonstrations on. 

I was also hoping on getting a few new patterns in my etsy pattern shop this week but I have ordered a new lighting box for taking better close up photos and I'm going to wait to list the new patterns till that arrives.

I did have fun last weekend creating the new set of water babies.

 I started with the crab. I already had this pattern I just changed a couple of things to fit the water-babies style. 
 I the went on to create a new design for the narwhal. I was going to go grey for this one but after having a bright orange crab I decided to go away from realistic colours/

 These three came very quickly after the first two. a starfish, ray and a new baby seahorse. I honestly didn't think I could go smaller on a seahorse that the fins and flipper design I had already done. The spiral in the tail couldn't be made smaller while still working in the round.
I had a lucky moment of inspiration and an idea formed and after a couple of tied it worked perfectly. You can see in the photo that the seahorse is gripped around a pencil. thats because his tail really does wrap naturally around things. I was trying to get a photo of him on my little finger but was a bit tricky with only one hand. He really is adorable and I think this set it worth it for him alone.

 I got five made last Saturday and then finished the set with this little turtle on Sunday.

As I said I'm waiting for a new light box before I photo these properly, get the pattern typed up and in my shop. I think these guys are so cute they deserve the best photos I can take. It'll make the pattern a week later that I hoped but I'll be happier about it when its released. 

Thats all the news for this week. Hope to see some of you at the York Makery next week.

If you are looking for a pattern to start this weekend. Why not check out my etsy pattern shop. I have over 150 designs and I'm adding new ones all the time. Make sure you favorite my shop to keep up to date.

Happy crocheting
Love Liz xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment