Saturday 2 May 2015

Bank holiday weekend

 I tend to start every blog post by saying sorry for how long its been since I've written and this one is no different. As usual I've been kept really busy working on new crochet designs and exciting things.


First up is the new #crochet magazine This is the third issue of this fantastically modern crochet magazine and for this issue I created the spaghetti necklace you can see on the model on the cover and below on my dress form Miranda.

This is such a super easy make it would make a great first project to get someone started with crochet. You only need to be able to do a chain stitch and you'll be able to make this. Grab the mag for the pattern it should still be in the shops.

Also in this magazine I made theses tiny Micro crochet pets

I don't have a pic from the mag but I might add one when I get it. These are tiny but they are not difficult to make. Yes you have to concentrate a bit more but its well worth it to get these tiny amigurumi that can be made into charms or key chains.

I got slightly addicted to micro crochet for a while and have some new patterns coming to my etsy shop soon but for now I can show you these lovely super tiny toadstool earrings I designed for inside crochet magazine.

Thanks to Inside crochet magazine for the use of this lovely photo. I think these were in last months magazine but back copy's will be available if you want to get your hands on this pattern. It really is fun and makes great gifts.

On to craftseller I've missed a few months here and so there is a bit to show.


 These flower fairy's are from issue 48 if you want to get yourself a back copy. Again I don't have a photo of them from the magazine but when I do I'll add it in. I've made a tulip, primrose and snowdrop fairy but it would be so easy to chop and change the colours to make all different types of flower fairy from these starter designs.

For Craftseller issue 49 I made something entirely different. This is a bit of a new direction for me in crochet design so I'd love to know what you think.

 This ice blue vest top with flower corsage was designed to be simple to make and stunning to wear. I actually added the flower corsage because the pattern is so simple it didn't fill the page in the magazine. I love the finished look of the iris stitch. This isn't a quick make but its very relaxing the yarn feels amazing to work with. (drops Safran 4ply)
 Here is the finished top on Miranda and in this pic you can see the ribbed band that finishes the bottom edge.

There is another crochet top in the next issue of Craftseller magazine due out next week I think and it also comes with a free magazine of stash busting ideas that have a bonus two extra patterns from me in it :)

Right back to what I'm best at amigurumi.

What do you think of Dolly my very pink, very fluffy and cute spring sheep?

I've been playing around with eyelashes again as I just love the look it gives theses cute critters.  I have a few more designs coming with eyelashes to but I'll be posting all the details here when I finish the patterns.

Dolly is super easy to make but the bocle yarn can be a bit of a pig to work with. You kinda have to trust you instincts and just go with it. The best thing is no one will every be able to tell if you make mistakes with this yarn its fluffyness (is that a word) hides everything.

If your a fan of Love crochet magazine you may have noticed the I have been lucky enough to design the cover project for them for the past year and a bit. You can see all the covers on the top of my blog and it makes me very happy seeing them all together.

Also in this magazine issue is my little fox design. Originally designed for #Crochet magazine.

Right well its the tour de Yorkshire today in York and I'm working at Duttons so I'll get see it go by. I have to get the bus soon so I better leave this post here.
I'll catch you up what else I've been getting up to shortly and I'll be having a my usual sale of worked amigurumi soon so stay tuned to my etsy shop and facebook page

happy crocheting love Liz x




No comments:

Post a Comment