Sunday 25 November 2012

Jean the omnipom

 With my family of omnipoms very much depleted by last weekends craft fair I though it was about time to get my crochet hook out and make some more.

 When making omnipoms the first things I make are the arms which are fully jointed and the eyes. Making the arms is the only boring part of the process so I tend to make quite a few at a time to get it out of the way. I had made 4 sets of new arms when I found this ball of washed out denim coloured multi yarn in my stash and on a whim decided to make a couple of arms with it to see how it crocheted up. I liked the arms so much that I couldn't stop there and before long Jean was born.

 I have given her beige almond shaped eyes stitched in pale blue to match the yarn and I've used a copper embroidery thread for her other detailing and flower. She also has a new design of ear, while not as long as the other bunny omnipoms I like the fuller effect of these ears have so I'm sure we'll be seeing more of them.
Sorry about the poor picture quality, these dark days and nights are not great for taking photos.

I have to work at the old day job today but when I get home I'm going to continue my listing frenzy on etsy and Jean will be there looking for a new home along with some of my other amigurumis :)

I'm linking in with handmade monday 

9 comments:

  1. awww she's gorgeous!! amaaaaaaaaazing eyes... i'm sure she'll be of to a new home before too long! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great when you try something a bit different and you come up with something amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely yarn - no wonder you couldn't wait to finish her. She is so adorable and kind of lonely looking - sure she will be snapped up. The details in copper is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I LOVE Jean! She looks so doleful but that just makes me want her more! Gorgeous design! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's so pretty and her eyes are beautiful. I am sure she will find a new home in no time at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's lovely, it's often difficult to get decent photo's at this time of year so I'm getting some daylight bulbs for a couple of lamps, hopefully that will make a difference.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is just gorgeous - she won't be hanging around for long!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is just adorable, I love her! I am going to have a good look around now at some of your other omnipoms! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cutie! I like the wool you have used. She will make someone a lovely present!
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete