Monday 25 June 2012

Ginger

Its been a while since I spent some time with the omnpoms. There is some exciting stuff coming up with this cheeky lot. Tony and the the twins above are hopefully behaving themselves as they've gone off to stay my artist friend Alex to model for a new project.

I really like these guys, everyone has its own personality and they are really fun, if a little time consuming to make. The pattern for them seems to change every time I make one but I think its nearly getting to the point where I'm happy to publish it.

The newest member of the family is Ginger.

Ginger was inspired by a sketch by Alex and she's the first of a set of 3 bedtime omnipoms.
Her name comes from the amount of ginger biscuits I consumed while making her. I've been hit by this banking problem with RBS and so I've had very little money over the weekend and I've been having to raid the cupboards to make food out of whatever I've got left. I made a batch of ginger biscuits but got the quantity's a bit wrong so ended up with far to many. My resulting sugar high probably explains why at 10pm last night I though it was a good idea to knit her little bunny bear on the smallest knitting needles I own :)

 Isn't she a cutie :)

I'm linking in with handmade monay as usual :)

14 comments:

  1. She's soooo cute! Hope the bank has sorted itself out now, such a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so cute what a lovely little family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, she's just gorgeous. I love her little patterned ears, her sad eyes and her little tiny bunny. Adorable! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like her little toy bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, how cute is Ginger. Like how you come up with the name! Hope the banking problems didn't cause to much problems for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. she's adorable! and a gorgeous colour :)

    ginger biscuits - yum :) you could have been stuck with worse emergency rations!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh she's so cute. Her droopy eyes and cuddly toy make her look really sweet. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cutie! I like the way you use fabric inside her ears and her gorgeous little bunny! Great name too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so so cute, they are a top 10 on the cutable scale.

    Love ginger biccy's too. :o)

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaah, she is lovely - what gorgeous eyes and such a pretty colour. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are absolutely adorable. I love Ginger's little bunny bear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!

    Just to let you know, I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check my blog: http://crochet-shaz.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute! I love the little bunny she's holding

    ReplyDelete