Thursday 17 April 2014

Bunny love

As you might have guessed I love bunnies and since I've been writting patterns I've done quite a lot of bunny patterns. I can't help it they are so cute and great fun to design.

My first ever design commission was for a bunny

This is Suzie bunny for last Easters lets knit magazine.

One of the first patterns I ever wrote for my etsy shop was love bunny.
I discontinued this pattern a while ago as I have come up with better designs since but I think I need to go back and look at this pattern to update it and re-release it.

 Then there is the bunny omnipoms. Tony above is one of my favorite ever makes.
 Cooper the sleepy omnipom in his bunny suit,
 Sid, friend of Tony with his fear of bugs.
 Bubblebun was the first of the fat friends, a set of patterns that have been very popular. Bubblebun when on to star in Craftseller and love crochet magazine and she will be the first of my amigurumi kits I'm building.


 This little bunny is a free pattern that is still available for anyone who want to make him its on the blog over here.
 Green sweater bunny. Hes one of my faves, I just love the bright green of his sweater. He still has friends waiting to be made to finish his pattern set but at the moment hes quite lonely.

 The woodland critters for Craftseller magazine just had to have a bunny in them :)

 Love Crochet magazine commissioned a little boy and girl bunny for their magazine and I was happy to help.


 For this year Easter project for Let knit magazine they wanted an Easter themed cot mobile and of course it had to have lots of little bunnies on it.

 Then there was my big book project for DK. They wanted a long eared stripy bunny and that what I gave them, even if they did have to cheer him up :)
Finally there is Lucy bunny

This is Lucy and Lucy bunny who was named after her. I make no excuses this is the most girly bunny I have every made. She has a frilly skirt on, patchwork fabric ears and lots of flowers and bows.

In my head when I came up with this design there was an image of a little girl in her wellies out for a walk with her bunny toy, holding it by the ear as they splashed in puddles together. It was an image that always made me happy and brought back memories of when I was a girl and would walk for miles over the countryside.

When you send of a design to publishers you have no control over how they will go about photographing them. I have always loved every photo of my work I've seen published so I'm happy to leave them to it, but in the back of my head I just really wanted to see that little girl holding Lucy bunny by the ear.

Well a few minutes ago there was a big thud from the hall that means only one thing - a magazine.

I didn't know I would be in this months Inside crochet magazine it seems like it was only a couple of weeks ago I sent the designs off to them but there was Lucy bunny on the front


I'm not sure if this magazine is out in the shops yet but it won't be long if it isn't .

It has Lucy bunny and also my crochet earrings patterns in it plus its chock full of so much crochet loveliness its defiantly worth a buy.

It made my day when I looked inside and saw this :)




3 comments:

  1. It really seems that you love bunnies XD But I like them too and your bunny creations are very special and so cute. It' s great that you use so much different kinds of designs to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely bunnies !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I live in Finland and i had to buy that magazine when i visit in Tallinn Estonia because of Lusy Bunny :D

    ReplyDelete