Monday 11 June 2012

More sewing.

 I'm cracking on with the embroidery and I'm really enjoying making these little mobile phone cases. They are so simple to make but look really pretty. I'm loving raiding my button stash to pick out pretty ones to show off.
I'm not sure if my sewing is getting any better but I am getting quicker. I was able to make 3 of these in an afternoon and get the felt cut out for a few more.


I'm planning on doing a craft fair in the near future so I'm just getting my stock together and working out what I'm gonna make and sell. As much as I love amigurumi the finished items don't sell that well so I want some other crafts to sell that compliment my crochet and I think things like these will go down well.
 After embroidering the blue one me and my sewing machine had a bit of a falling out so I decided to leave it alone for a bit and make something for me.

 I've used some of the jeans fabric again to make to make this. For all the non geeks this is gallifreyan the Doctor who language


Its not the best embroidery I've done, my lines are a bit wonky but I still like it and now I've got to figure where to hang it.

I'm linking in with handmade monday again its a great link party for some amazing crafters so go have a look.

11 comments:

  1. Hope you make it up with your sewing machine pretty soon, need to see more goodies from you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cases are so pretty! Love the Galifrean embroidery too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely phone cases (and if you're getting quicker then I think your sewing must be getting better!!). Love the Galifrean embroidery too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cases are pretty. Although I wouldn't say no to any of them I particularly like the blue one. I hope you make it up with your sewing machine soon so you can make more of these pretty things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely little cases, so pretty. I don;t know anything about Dr.Who (I know where have I been!) but I like the embroidery on dark jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your craft fair. It is always difficult to know what will sell and I am constantly being surprised by what people do and do not buy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your phone cases - so pretty and a great idea to add them to your craft fair stall! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh i love these and the button detail really sets them off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cases are really lovely - the flowers look like faces. Good luck with the craft fair. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cases, really pretty designs. Like anything, the more you make the quicker you get as you learn all the pitfalls along the way.They will sell well i'm sure

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are so cute! I was thinking of crochet a cell phone case but that would take some time and I live you cases. I think I will try this.

    ReplyDelete