Thursday 18 January 2018

Batman set

I'm so excited to finish my first big project of 2018.

batman
My set of Batman character dolls is now available in my etsy pattern shop.
To celebrate I'm having a little sale on all the doll patterns in my shop. 20% off till the end of January 2018.

 I've wanted to make this set ever since I started creating these character dolls. Superman and Batman were the superhero films I grew up on, so there is a big nostalgia feel here.

I did get a bit bored of doing superheros in black suits after the Marvel lot, so I wanted to add more colour with these.  I've kept most of the dolls in their retro costumes but some I've combined some with a more modern style. As they've had many different costumes over the year, I've mixed things up and made these a bit more fun.

I picked this outfit for Batgirl because the colours are really bright and look great together. I think she looks so adorable.

Batman
The main man was a bit daunting. Such a reconcilable figure, it was really important to me to get him looking just perfect.
The main problem I had was his mask. In most pictures there are no visible eyes, as its black on black. I did think about doing a hood that covers the eye but it looked a bit spooky and didn't really look like Batman. In the end I changed my original mask pattern to give it more definition and a bit of a beak on the nose.I'm very happy with how he looks now, very cute, very Batman.

 I must have looked a well over a hundred pictures of Catwoman before I decided to go with this Anne Hathaway catwoman look. As before, I didn't think the fully hooded costumes were cute enough. With this design I could have hair to mess about with and style, (always fun). I also decided to go for a removable mask so you can play with it. (I may have gone around the house putting a tiny Catwoman mask on many things, including a cat)

 Harley Quinn. I know she is one of the most cosplayed characters for girls but I'm gonna be honest and say I'd never heard of her before I saw Suicide Squad. Its because if this, that when I decided to add her into this set, I knew I was going for her look for that film.
 Half the reason I wanted to add her was I just knew how much fun it would be to make that hair. It was, it was so much fun. Everyone is gonna love making this doll, I promise.

I may at some point do a more traditional costumed version of this doll but for now I'm very happy with her as she is.
 I bought a whole new range of 4ply cotton yarns just to get the colours for this bad boy. (lang Yarn and colours 4ply if your asking). As soon as the parcel of yarn arrived, I saw these colours were sat together in the bag and I did a little happy dance. I could finally make the Joker.
 I love him, He is perfect and adorable. I just know this pattern will be a big hit. Go on you know you want to make him too.
 Poison Ivy. I love that there is so many girl in this set. I love doing super cute hair. It really easy to re-create but the finished effect is just lovely. This little girl is seriously making me really want to dye my hair red again. This colour pallet is right up my street, so I am very happy with this finished design. I'm also really chuffed with a lovely little new technique I came up with to make her Ivy chain. Its very easy but super effective.
The Riddler. There are a lot of bad guys in Batman, I went for the Riddler in this set because of the pop of colour it would add. I certainly didn't recon on him being one of my favorites of the whole set. Isn't he adorable :)
That cane is just a paper clip bended and wrapped with yarn, but doesn't it look effective. (you don't want to know how long I searched round the house for wire before realizing a paperclip would work. I had a pot of them on my work table the whole time. Silly Liz)


Finally little Robin. I had to go retro on this the colours are so perfect for this set and make him very recognizable
 It might look like doing boys hair like this, is a bit complicated but its really not. Believe me if it wasn't super easy and enjoyable to create, I would not have it on my patterns. I don't do faffy things.
 That said, I have taken photos to create a tutorial to do the different types of hair on these dolls' I'll post it soon on here.


I am so happy with this set now it finished. I know its going to be very popular.
I'll defiantly be doing more DC doll sets, Justice League and maybe Suicide Squad, ooh and I've got to make Supergirl. 

 Thats all for today. I've got crocheting to do and I'm so excited about my next project I've got up early to get on with it.

If you want a hint...
Happy crocheting
Lots of love
Liz xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment