Monday 12 December 2011

Winter warmer

As I don’t have any patterns for amigurumi ready yet I thought I’d share this very simple pattern for these fingerless gloves I made last winter. Theses make a great stocking filler or last minute gift as they only take about an hour to make and use less than 50g of DK wool.


You will need

5mm crochet hook

40g Dk wool

6 buttons

Wool needle

Abbreviations

CH – chain

SC- single crochet

HDC - half double crochet

BPHDC – back post half double crochet (half double crochet in back of loop only)

SS- slip stitch


Pattern

CH 32

HDC in second loop from hook, HDC to end

CH2 turn BPHDC to end

Repeat the last row 18 more times this will form a nice ribbed pattern.

Now fold in half and join the 2 ends together , SC through the stitches on both sides 10 times, SS on one side only 6 times (this makes the whole for the thumb), SC through the stitches on both sides to the end of the row.

Finish off and cut thread leaving a long tail.

Use the loose thread to sew on 3 buttons on the thumb edge

make another so you have a pair




My little bengal kitty Calypso helping me model the pair I made this afternoon.

Happy crocheting x

2 comments:

  1. This looks lovely warm and easy, as well. I will try it this weekend and let you know how it turns out. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much,I will use the pattern for Christmas gifts. Love your stuff.

    ReplyDelete